Pacplus® Packing Tapes
A guide to packing tapes
Most packing tapes use one of three materials for the carrier:
- Polypropylene is the cheapest option and the most widely used for general packing applications.
- Vinyl is a higher quality tape that offers greater strength and resistance to extremes of temperature. It is more suitable than polypropylene for cold store and freezer use.
- Kraft paper is increasing in popularity due to its excellent environmental credentials. It has high visual appeal when used on corrugated cartons and is manufactured in natural, oyster and white kraft.
Packing tapes are also made with a selection of adhesives:
- Acrylic is water based and biodegradable, and resistant to discolouration caused by age and sunlight.
- Hot melt is also water based and biodegradable, and is characterised by good initial tack and high shear-resistance. Applied to a kraft paper carrier, it can be used with hand and bench dispensers for handy, environmentally-friendly carton sealing.
- Solvent is less environmentally-friendly but has more aggressive adhesion and greater resistance to extremes of temperature. Solvent adhesives are used for cold store and freezer packaging.
- Water-activated is made from 100% natural starch and is the most environmentally-friendly of all adhesives. It offers a fast, permanent, tamper-evident seal with good resistance to humidity and temperature extremes.
High capacity & printed message adhesive tapes
A range of Umax™ & Bonus® high-capacity, and Pacplus® printed message tapes
Non-adhesive & adhesive tapes
Polypropylene hotmelt, acrylic, solvent and PVC solvent tapes
Polycoated cloth, aluminium foil, crossweave, monoweave, kraft paper & masking tapes
Double-sided and strapping tapes
Finger lift, transfer, tissue carrier, polypropylene hotmelt, uPVC acrylic, cloth carrier, polyester premium acrylic, polyethylene foam & strapping tapes